Project leaflet: it provides project overview, objectives and features. It can be downloaded here: PDF Project leaflet
Articles in non-scientific magazines:
Press releases and stories:
- On institutional websites:
- On portals dedicated to public engagement:
Comics book (story and first draft of the design: ESR9 – Iván Sciscenko; Graphical Revision: Prof. Enzo Laurenti): A catchy story about the fight of super-heroes AOP against CECs – Contaminants of Emerging Concern! View and enjoy!
In spring 2020 (during lockdown due to COVID19 restrictions) ESR11, Ilaria Berruti, did not stop her work on AQUAlity! Look at what she prepared!
- an interview presenting AQUAlity: Interview (mp3 file)
- two videos presenting AQUAlity and her individual research project within AQUAlity: “Assessment of novel advanced oxidation processes for removal of disinfection-by-products and CECs from drinking water”: video in English on YouTube; Proyecto AQUAlity (ITN H2020) y proyecto de investigación individual de Ilaria Berruti en el marco de AQUAlity “Evaluación de nuevos métodos de oxidación avanzada para la eliminación de productos de desinfección y CECs en agua potable”: video in Spanish on YouTube
- two articles, targeted to a non-specialist audience, on AQUAlity and on her individual research project: article in English; article in Spanish
In June 2020, ESR10, Davide Palma, created a video where he tells his job in research within AQUAlity in just 15 seconds! The video is in Italian, with subtitles in English. The video was one of the winners in the #MyJobinResearch video challenge launched by the Research Executive Agency at the start of June (https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/my-job-research-15-seconds-2020-jun-09_en) and thus it was published among the best videos on REA’s Twitter account on 4th August 2020. Have a look on Twitter, at the REA Account, @REA_research!
In June 2020, also ESR15, Dennis Deemter, and ESR11, Ilaria Berruti, created a video where they tell their job in research within AQUAlity in just 15 seconds! Dennis Deemter’s video is in Dutch, with subtitles in English. Ilaria Berruti’s video is in Italian, with subtitles in English. The videos participated in the REA #MyJobinResearch video challenge (https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/my-job-research-15-seconds-2020-jun-09_en), but were not selected as winners. We have uploaded them on YouTube. Dennis Deemter‘s video at this link! Ilaria Berruti‘s video at this link!
AQUAlity Lab was presented in September 2018, during the European Researchers’ Night, by Masho Hilawie Belay, Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Dimitra Papagiannaki, Ilaria Berruti, Fabrício Eduardo Bortot Coelho. It was replicated: a) in February 2019, by Ilaria Berruti, Masho Hilawie Belay, Nuno Gonḉalves, Dimitra Papagiannaki, Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Katarzyna Janowska, in a presentation directly targeted to secondary school students, b) in October 2019, by AQUAlity Fellow Esra Eray and by Haris Kadrispahic, Victor Candelario and Nanette Zahrtmann (LIQTECH R&D Team), in a presentation directly targeted to master students (AQUAlity Fellows Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Dennis Deemter also helped to carry out the experiments); c) in February 2020, by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Zsuzsanna Varga and Dimitra Papagiannaki, in a presentation directly targeted to junior high school students.
Outreach activities within AQUAlity Lab directed at high school students (in the form of PPT presentations and experiments):
- “Simulation of ground water natural filtration” (demonstration activity by Masho Hilawie Belay (ESR1) and Ilaria Berruti (ESR11); 7 February 2019 – Second version of the video
- “Be the solution to water pollution: Analysis and removal of pollutants from water. What do we have to do to make Goccia happy?” (demonstration activity by Dimitra Papagiannaki (ESR6); 19 February 2019)
- “Removal of pollutants with a termo-catalyst” (demonstration activity by Fabrício Eduardo Bortot Coelho – ESR14; 18 March 2019)
- Replication of AQUAlity Lab (demonstration activity by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves – ESR2, Zsuzsanna Varga – ESR4 and Dimitra Papagiannaki – ESR6; 12 February 2020)
“Simulation of ground water natural filtration” (demonstration activity by Masho Hilawie Belay (ESR1) and Ilaria Berruti (ESR11); 7 February 2019 – Please find on YouTube the second version of the video “Simulation of ground water natural filtration”, created in April 2020, which displays new, more effective, graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJEy1EG2wmw&t=60s
Replication of AQUAlity Lab at LIQTECH (3 October 2020). Target group: Master students from Denmark Technical University (DTU). Organizers: Victor Candelario and Esra Eray; Presenters: Haris Kadrispahic, Victor Candelario, Esra Eray and Nanette Zahrtmann (R&D team); Lead of the experiments: Victor Candelario, Esra Eray and Nanette Zahrtmann (with the help of Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Dennis Deemter)
Replication of AQUAlity Lab at UNITO (12 February 2020) by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Zsuzsanna Varga and Dimitra Papagiannaki
- TG Leonardo (17 April 2019)
Events held directly by the network members at their local structures or in their geographical area:
AQUAlity was presented at:
- the 10th European meeting on Solar Chemistry and Photocatalysis: Environmental Applications – SPEA10, in Almería (Spain) 4-8 June, 2018
Praktikum event 2018 (25-29 June 2018, Alicante – Spain) – devoted to introducing students from high school to the tasks that are developed in a research lab.
Festival dell’Innovazione e della Scienza di Settimo Torinese 2018 (14-21 October 2018, Settimo Torinese – Italy) , conceived to open Science to the general public
PrimaVera Festa 2019 (18 May 2019): organised at High School Primo Levi and open to citizens: it involved a joint laboratory of projects AQUAlity, ProGiReg and ReHorti
Sustainability Treevial, Objective “Clean water and sanitation” – 25 September 2019, Torino University. Download the event agenda at this link.
AQUAlity ESR3, Cristina Jiménez Holgado, delivered lectures and lab courses to Master Students from 16th to 19th June 2020. Course delivered on 16th: “Sample preparation techniques and analysis of emerging contaminants”. Lecture and Lab Course delivered on 17th: “Analysis of pharmaceutical compounds by chromatographic techniques”. Lecture and Lab Course delivered on 18th: “FPSE development and optimization”. Lecture and Lab Course delivered on 19th: “FPSE validation and application to aqueous samples”.
A summary of 2018, 2019 and 2020 dissemination and outreach activities can be downloaded at this link: AQUAlity_Booklet_Years 2018-2019-2020.pdf