Project leaflet: it provides project overview, objectives and features. It can be downloaded here: PDF Project leaflet
Articles in non-scientific magazines:
Press releases and stories:
- On institutional websites:
- On portals dedicated to public engagement:
Comics book (story and first draft of the design: ESR9 – Iván Sciscenko; Graphical Revision: Prof. Enzo Laurenti): A catchy story about the fight of super-heroes AOP against CECs – Contaminants of Emerging Concern! View and enjoy!
Power point and video lesson (by ESR8 – Chukwuka Bethel Anucha): Coronavirus Disease (COVID -19) & Clean Water
AQUAlity Lab was presented in September 2018, during the European Researchers’ Night, by Masho Hilawie Belay, Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Dimitra Papagiannaki, Ilaria Berruti, Fabrício Eduardo Bortot Coelho. It was replicated: a) in February 2019, by Ilaria Berruti, Masho Hilawie Belay, Nuno Gonḉalves, Dimitra Papagiannaki, Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Katarzyna Janowska, in a presentation directly targeted to secondary school students, b) in October 2019, by AQUAlity Fellow Esra Eray and by Haris Kadrispahic, Victor Candelario and Nanette Zahrtmann (LIQTECH R&D Team), in a presentation directly targeted to master students (AQUAlity Fellows Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Dennis Deemter also helped to carry out the experiments); c) in February 2020, by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Zsuzsanna Varga and Dimitra Papagiannaki, in a presentation directly targeted to junior high school students.
Outreach activities within AQUAlity Lab directed at high school students (in the form of PPT presentations and experiments):
- “Simulation of ground water natural filtration” (demonstration activity by Masho Hilawie Belay (ESR1) and Ilaria Berruti (ESR11); 7 February 2019)
- “Be the solution to water pollution: Analysis and removal of pollutants from water. What do we have to do to make Goccia happy?” (demonstration activity by Dimitra Papagiannaki (ESR6); 19 February 2019)
- “Removal of pollutants with a termo-catalyst” (demonstration activity by Fabrício Eduardo Bortot Coelho – ESR14; 18 March 2019)
- Replication of AQUAlity Lab (demonstration activity by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves – ESR2, Zsuzsanna Varga – ESR4 and Dimitra Papagiannaki – ESR6; 12 February 2020)
Replication of AQUAlity Lab at LIQTECH (3 October 2020). Target group: Master students from Denmark Technical University (DTU). Organizers: Victor Candelario and Esra Eray; Presenters: Haris Kadrispahic, Victor Candelario, Esra Eray and Nanette Zahrtmann (R&D team); Lead of the experiments: Victor Candelario, Esra Eray and Nanette Zahrtmann (with the help of Fabricio Bortot Coelho and Dennis Deemter)
Replication of AQUAlity Lab at UNITO (12 February 2020) by Nuno Paulo Ferreira Gonçalves, Zsuzsanna Varga and Dimitra Papagiannaki
- TG Leonardo (17 April 2019)
Events held directly by the network members at their local structures or in their geographical area:
AQUAlity was presented at:
- the 10th European meeting on Solar Chemistry and Photocatalysis: Environmental Applications – SPEA10, in Almería (Spain) 4-8 June, 2018
Praktikum event 2018 (25-29 June 2018, Alicante – Spain) – devoted to introducing students from high school to the tasks that are developed in a research lab.
Festival dell’Innovazione e della Scienza di Settimo Torinese 2018 (14-21 October 2018, Settimo Torinese – Italy) , conceived to open Science to the general public
PrimaVera Festa 2019 (18 May 2019): organised at High School Primo Levi and open to citizens: it involved a joint laboratory of projects AQUAlity, ProGiReg and ReHorti
Sustainability Treevial, Objective “Clean water and sanitation” – 25 September 2019, Torino University. Download the event agenda at this link.
A summary of 2018, 2019 and 2020 dissemination and outreach activities can be downloaded at this link: AQUAlity_Booklet_Years 2018-2019-2020.pdf