Research papers published published in peer-reviewed international journals:
P1. Position paper. on “Contaminants of Emerging Concern in Urban Wastewater”- available on the NORMAN website (https://www.normandata.eu/?q=node/342).
P2. Gosetti, F., Belay, M. H., Marengo, E., & Robotti, E. (2020). Development and validation of a UHPLC-MS/MS method for the identification of irinotecan photodegradation products in water samples. Environmental Pollution, 256, 113370. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2019.113370.
P3. Varga, Z., Nicol, E., & Bouchonnet, S. (2020). Photodegradation of benzisothiazolinone: Identification and biological activity of degradation products. Chemosphere, 240, 124862, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.124862.
P4. Binetti, R., Calza, P., Costantino, G., Morgillo, S., & Papagiannaki, D. (2019). Perfluoroalkyl substance assessment in Turin metropolitan area and correlation with potential sources of pollution according to the water safety plan risk management approach. Separations, 6(1), 17. https://doi.org/10.3390/separations6010017.
P5. D. Palma, D. Papagiannaki, M. Lai, R. Binetti, M. Sleiman, M. Minella, C. Richard, PFAS degradation in ultrapure and groundwater using non-thermal plasma, Molecules 2021, 26, 924,https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26040924.
P6. Gonçalves, N. P., Iezzi, L., Belay, M. H., Dulio, V., Alygizakis, N., Dal Bello, F., & Calza, P. (2021). Elucidation of the photoinduced transformations of Aliskiren in river water using liquid chromatography high-resolution mass spectrometry. Science of the Total Environment, 800, 149547. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.149547.
P7. Papagiannaki, D., Belay, M. H., Gonçalves, N. P., Robotti, E., Bianco-Prevot, A., Binetti, R., & Calza, P. (2022). From monitoring to treatment, how to improve water quality: The pharmaceuticals case. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 100245. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100245.
P8. Belay, M. H., Precht, U., Mortensen, P., Marengo, E., & Robotti, E. (2022). A Fully Automated Online SPE-LC-MS/MS Method for the Determination of 10 Pharmaceuticals in Wastewater Samples. Toxics, 10(3), 103. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxics10030103.
P9. Gonçalves, N. P. F., Varga, Z., Nicol, E., Calza, P., & Bouchonnet, S. (2021). Comparison of advanced oxidation processes for the degradation of maprotiline in water—kinetics, degradation products and potential ecotoxicity. Catalysts, 11(2), 240. Catalysts, 11(2), 240 https://doi.org/10.3390/catal11020240.
P10. Gonçalves, N. P., del Puerto, O., Medana, C., Calza, P., & Roslev, P. (2021). Degradation of the antifungal pharmaceutical clotrimazole by UVC and vacuum-UV irradiation: Kinetics, transformation products and attenuation of toxicity. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 9(5), 106275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2021.106275.
P11. Del Puerto, O., Gonçalves, N. P., Medana, C., Prevot, A. B., & Roslev, P. (2022). Attenuation of toxicity and occurrence of degradation products of the fungicide tebuconazole after combined vacuum UV and UVC treatment of drinking water. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-19691-0
P12. Jiménez-Holgado, C., Chrimatopoulos, C., Stathopoulos, V., & Sakkas, V. (2020). Investigating the utility of fabric phase sorptive extraction and HPLC-UVVis/DAD to determine antidepressant drugs in environmental aqueous samples. Separations, 7(3), 39. https://doi.org/10.3390/separations7030039.
P13. Kalaboka, M., Chrimatopoulos, C., Jiménez-Holgado, C., Boti, V., Sakkas, V., & Albanis, T. (2020). Exploring the Efficiency of UHPLC-Orbitrap MS for the Determination of 20 Pharmaceuticals and Acesulfame K in Hospital and Urban Wastewaters with the Aid of FPSE. Separations, 7(3), 46. https://doi.org/10.3390/separations7030046.
P14. Calza, P., Jiménez-Holgado, C., Coha, M., Chrimatopoulos, C., Dal Bello, F., Medana, C., & Sakkas, V. (2021). Study of the photoinduced transformations of sertraline in aqueous media. Science of The Total Environment, 756, 143805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143805.
P15. Jiménez-Holgado, C., Sakkas, V., & Richard, C. (2021). Phototransformation of three psychoactive drugs in presence of sedimental water extractable organic matter. Molecules, 26(9), 2466. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26092466.
P16. Jiménez-Holgado, C., Calza, P., Fabbri, D., Dal Bello, F., Medana, C., & Sakkas, V. (2021). Investigation of the aquatic photolytic and photocatalytic degradation of citalopram. Molecules, 26(17), 5331. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26175331.
P17. Nicol, E., Varga, Z., Vujovic, S., & Bouchonnet, S. (2020). Laboratory scale UV– visible degradation of acetamiprid in aqueous marketed mixtures-Structural elucidation of photoproducts and toxicological consequences. Chemosphere, 248, 126040. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126040
P18. Gonçalves, N. P., Varga, Z., Bouchonnet, S., Dulio, V., Alygizakis, N., Dal Bello, F., … & Calza, P. (2021). Study of the photoinduced transformations of maprotiline in river water using liquid chromatography high-resolution mass spectrometry. Science of the Total Environment, 755, 143556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143556.
P19. Cazzaniga, N., Varga, Z., Nicol, E., & Bouchonnet, S. (2020). UV-visible photodegradation of naproxen in water–Structural elucidation of photoproducts and potential toxicity. European Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 26(6), 400-408. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1469066720973412.
P20. Nicol, E., Xu, Y., Varga, Z., Kinani, S., Bouchonnet, S., & Lavielle, M. (2021). SPIX: A new software package to reveal chemical reactions at trace amounts in very complex mixtures from high-resolution mass spectra dataset. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 35(6), e9015. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.9015.
P21. Sciscenko, I., Arques, A., Varga, Z., Bouchonnet, S., Monfort, O., Brigante, M., & Mailhot, G. (2021). Significant role of iron on the fate and photodegradation of enrofloxacin. Chemosphere, 270, 129791. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2021.129791.
P22. Papagiannaki, D., Medana, C., Binetti, R., Calza, P., & Roslev, P. (2020). Effect of UV-A, UV-B and UV-C irradiation of glyphosate on photolysis and mitigation of aquatic toxicity. Scientific reports, 10(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-76241-9.
P23. Papagiannaki, D., Morgillo, S., Bocina, G., Calza, P., & Binetti, R. (2021). Occurrence and Human Health Risk Assessment of Pharmaceuticals and Hormones in Drinking Water Sources in the Metropolitan Area of Turin in Italy. Toxics, 9(4), 88. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxics9040088
P24. Palma, D.; Prevot, A. B.; Brigante, M.; Fabbri, D.; Magnacca, G.; Richard, C.; Mailhot, G.; Nisticò, R. Materials 2018, 11 (7), 1084. New Insights on the Photodegradation of Caffeine in the Presence of Bio-Based Substances-Magnetic Iron Oxide Hybrid Nanomaterials. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma11071084.
P25. Palma, D.; Bianco Prevot, A.; Celi, L.; Martin, M.; Fabbri, D.; Magnacca, G.; Chierotti, M.; Nisticò, R.; Catalysts 2018, 8 (5), 197. Isolation, Characterization, and Environmental Application of Bio-Based Materials as Auxiliaries in Photocatalytic Processes. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal8050197
P26. Maria Cristina Paganini, Alice Giorgini, Nuno P.F. Gonçalves, Chiara Gionco, Alessandra Bianco Prevot, Paola Calza, “New insight into zinc oxide doped with iron and its exploitation to pollutants abatement”, Catalysis Today – Vol. 328, 15 May 2019, pp. 230-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2018.10.054
P27. Nuno P.F. Gonçalves, MC Paganini, P. Armillotta, E. Cerrato, P. Calza, “The effect of cobalt doping on the efficiency of semiconductor oxides in the photocatalytic water remediation”. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 2019, 7(6) 103475, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2019.103475
P28. Nuno P.F Gonçalves, M. Minella, G. Mailhot, M. Brigante, A. Bianco Prevot, “Photo- Activation of Persulfate and Hydrogen Peroxide by Humic Acid Coated Magnetic Particles for Bisphenol A Degradation”. Catalysis Today, 2019, 361, pp. 43-49 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2019.12.028
P29. Sciscenko, I; Garcia-Ballesteros, S; Sabater, C; Castillo M; Escudero-Oñate, C; Oller, I; Arques, A. “Monitoring photolysis and (solar photo)-Fenton of enrofloxacin by a methodology involving EEM-PARAFAC and bioassays: Role of pH and water matrix” Sci. Total Environ. 2020, 719, 137331. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137331
P30. Palma, D.; Arbid Y.; Sleiman, M.; De Sainte-Claire, P.; Richard C.; Environmental Science & Technology 2020, 54(6), 3325-3333. New Route to Toxic Nitro and Nitroso Products upon Irradiation of Micropollutant Mixtures Containing Imidacloprid: Role of NOx and Effect of Natural Organic Matter. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.9b07304
P31. Nuno P.F. Gonçalves, M. Minella, D. Fabbri, P. Calza, C. Malitesta, Elisabetta Mazzotta, A. Bianco Prevot, Humic acid coated magnetic particles as highly efficient heterogeneous photo-Fenton materials for wastewater treatments”. Chemical Engineering Journal, Volume 390, 124619, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.124619.
P32. Anucha, CB; Altin, I; Fabbri, D; Degirmencioglu, I; Calza, P; Magnacca, G; Stathopoulos, VN ; Bacaksiz, E, (2020) Synthesis and Characterization of B/NaF and Silicon Phthalocyanine-Modified TiO2 and an Evaluation of Their Photocatalytic Removal of Carbamazepine, Molecules 7(4), Article Number 71, pp 1-20. https://www.mdpi.com/2297-8739/7/4/71
P33. Anucha, CB; Altin, I; Biyiklioglu, Z; Bacaksiz, E; Polat, I; Stathopoulos, VN (2020) Synthesis, Characterization, and Photocatalytic Evaluation of Manganese (III) Phthalocyanine Sensitized ZnWO4 (ZnWO4MnPc) for Bisphenol A Degradation under UV Irradiation, Nanomaterials, 10 (11), Article Number 2139, pp 1-24, https://www.mdpi.com/2079-4991/10/11/2139
P34. Palma, D., Sleiman, M., Voldoire, O. et al. Study of the dissolved organic matter (DOM) of the Auzon cut-off meander (Allier River, France) by spectral and photoreactivity approaches. Environ Sci Pollut Res 27(21), 26385–26394 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-020-09005-7.
P35. Costamagna, M., Gonçalves, N.P.F., Prevot, A.B., Environmental assessment of humic acid coated magnetic materials used as catalyst in photo-fenton processes, Catalysts, 2020, 10(7),771
P36. Cerrato, E., Ferreira Gonçalves, N.P., Calza, P., Cristina Paganini, M., Comparison of the photocatalytic activity of ZnO/CeO2 and ZnO/Yb2O3 mixed systems in the phenol removal from water: A mechanicistic approach, Catalysts 2020, 10(10),1222, pp. 1-15
P37. Pavanello, A., Blasco, A., Johnston, P.F., Miranda, M.A., Marin, M.L., Enhanced photodegradation of synthetic dyes mediated by Ag3PO4-based semiconductors under visible light irradiation. Catalysts, 10 (7), art. no. 774, 2020. DOI: 10.3390/catal10070774
P38. Anucha, C. B., Altin, I., Bacaksız, E., Kucukomeroglu, T., Belay, M. H., & Stathopoulos, V. N. (2021). Enhanced photocatalytic activity of CuWO4 doped TiO2 photocatalyst towards carbamazepine removal under UV irradiation. Separations, 8(3), 25, p. 1-23, doi:10.3390/separations8030025
P39. Anucha, C. B., Altin, I., Bacaksiz, E., Stathopoulos, V. N., Polat, I., Yasar, A., & Yüksel, Ö. F. (2021). Silver doped zinc stannate (Ag-ZnSnO3) for the photocatalytic degradation of caffeine under UV irradiation. Water, 13(9), 1290. https://doi.org/ 10.3390/w13091290
P40. Berruti, I., Nahim-Granados, S., Abeledo-Lameiro, M. J., Oller, I., & Polo-López, M. I. (2021). UV-C peroxymonosulfate activation for wastewater regeneration: Simultaneous inactivation of pathogens and degradation of contaminants of emerging concern. Molecules, 26(16), 4890 https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26164890
P41. Sciscenko, I., Mestre, S., Climent, J., Valero, F., Escudero-Oñate, C., Oller, I., & Arques, A. (2021). Magnetic photocatalyst for wastewater tertiary treatment at pilot plant scale: Disinfection and enrofloxacin abatement. Water, 13(3), 329. https://doi.org/10.3390/w13030329
P42. Sciscenko, I., Arques, A., Escudero-Oñate, C., Roccamante, M., Ruiz-Delgado, A., Miralles-Cuevas, S., … & Oller, I. (2021). A Rational Analysis on Key Parameters Ruling Zerovalent Iron-Based Treatment Trains: Towards the Separation of Reductive from Oxidative Phases. Nanomaterials, 11(11), 2948. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-4991/11/11/2948
P43. Sciscenko, Iván; Thị Mỹ Hắng, Hoàng; Escudero-Oñate, Carlos; Oller, Isabel; Arques, Antonio, Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Chemometrics: A Simple and Easy Way for the Monitoring of Fluoroquinolone Mixture Degradation. ACS Omega 2021, 6, 4663-4671.
P44. D. Palma, E. Parlanti, M. Sourzac, O. Voldoire, A. Beauger, M. Sleiman, C. Richard, Fluorescence analysis allows to predict the oxidative capacity of humic quinones in dissolved organic matter: implication for pollutant degradation, Environ. Chem. Lett. 19 (2021) 1857–1863. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10311-020-01137-z.
P45. D. Palma, A. Khaled, M. Sleiman, G. Voyard, C. Richard, Effect of UVC pre-irradiation on the Suwannee river Natural Organic Matter (SRNOM) photooxidant properties, Water Res. 202 (2021) 117395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2021.117395.
P46. Ilaria Berruti, Dr. María Inmaculada Polo-López, Dr. Isabel Oller, Direct oxidation of peroxymonosulfate under natural solar radiation: Accelerating the simultaneous removal of organic contaminants and pathogens from water. Chemosphere 279 (2021) 130555
P47. Pavanello, A., Fabbri, D., Calza, P., Battiston, D., Miranda, M.A., Marin, M.L., Photocatalytic degradation of drugs in water mediated by acetylated riboflavin and visible light: A mechanistic study. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 221, art. no. 112250, 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2021.112250
P48. Gonçalves, N. P., Lourenço, M. A., Baleuri, S. R., Bianco, S., Jagdale, P., & Calza, P. (2022). Biochar waste-based ZnO materials as highly efficient photocatalysts for water treatment. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 10(2), 107256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2022.107256
P49. Berruti, I., Gonçalves, N. P., Calza, P., Paganini, M. C., Oller, I., & Polo-López, M. I. (2022). Natural solar activation of modified zinc oxides with rare earth elements (Ce, Yb and Fe) for the simultaneous disinfection and decontamination of urban wastewater. Chemosphere, 303, 135017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2022.135017
P50. Anucha, C. B., Altin, I., Bacaksiz, E., & Stathopoulos, V. N. (2022). Titanium Dioxide (TiO₂)-Based Photocatalyst Materials Activity Enhancement for Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CECs) Degradation: In the Light of Modification Strategies. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 10, 100262. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100262
P51. Anucha, C.B., Bacaksiz, E., Stathopoulos, V. N., Pandis P.K., Argirusis C., Andreouli C.-D., Tatoudi Z., Altin I., (2022) Preparation and Characterization of Supported Molybdenum Doped TiO₂ on α-Al₂O₃ Ceramic Substrate for The Photocatalytic Degradation of Ibuprofen (IBU) Under UV Irradiation, Catalysts, 12, 562 https://doi.org/10.3390/ catal12050562
P52. Anucha, C. B., Bacaksiz, E., Stathopoulos, V. N., Pandis, P. K., Argirusis, C., Andreouli, C. D., Tatoudi Z., & Altin, I. (2022). Molybdenum Modified Sol–Gel Synthesized TiO2 for the Photocatalytic Degradation of Carbamazepine under UV Irradiation. Processes, 10(6), 1113. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr10061113.
P53. Bethel Anucha, C., IIknur A., Emin B., Ismail D., Tayfur K., Salih Y, Vassilis N. S.. (2021). Immobilized TiO2/ZnO Sensitized Copper (II) Phthalocyanine Heterostructure for the Degradation of Ibuprofen under UV Irradiation. Separations 8, no. 3: 24. https://doi.org/10.3390/separations8030024
P54.Sciscenko, I., Arques, A., Micó, P., Mora, M., & García-Ballesteros, S. (2022). Emerging applications of EEM-PARAFAC for water treatment: a concise review. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 10, 100286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100286
P55.Palma, D., Richard, C., & Minella, M. (2022). State of the art and perspectives about non-thermal plasma applications for the removal of PFAS in water. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 10, 100253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100253
P56. Berruti, I., Nahim-Granados, S., Abeledo-Lameiro, M. J., Oller, I., & Polo-López, M. I. (2022). Recent advances in solar photochemical processes for water and wastewater disinfection. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 10, 100248. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100248
P57. Berruti, I., Polo-López, M. I., Oller, I., Flores, J., Marin, M. L., & Bosca, F. (2022). Sulfate Radical Anion: Laser Flash Photolysis Study and Application in Water Disinfection and Decontamination. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 315, 121519.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2022.121519
P58. Sciscenko, Iván*; Mora, Margarita; Micó, Pau; Escudero-Oñate, Carlos; Oller, Isabel, Arques, Antonio, EEM-PARAFAC as a Convenient Methodology to Track Fluorescent Emerging Pollutants: Oxidation of (Fluoro)Quinolones in Complex Water Matrices. Sci. Total Environ. 2022, 852, 158338.
P59. Pavanello, A., Miranda, M.A., Marin, M.L., Organic photoredox catalysts for wastewater remediation: Beyond the established advanced oxidation processes. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 11, art. no. 100296, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100296
P60. Pavanello, A., Gomez-Mendoza, M., de la Peña O’Shea, V.A., Miranda, M.A., Marin, M.L., Degradation of Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers in the presence of organic photosensitizers and visible light: A time-resolved mechanistic study. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 230, art. no. 112444, 2022 DOI: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2022.112444
P61.Pavanello, A., Fabbri, D., Calza, P., Battiston, D., Miranda, M.A., Marin, M.L. Biomimetic photooxidation of noscapine sensitized by a riboflavin derivative in water: The combined role of natural dyes and solar light in environmental remediation. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 229, art. no. 112415, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2022.112415
P62. Cerrato, E., Gionco, C., Berruti, I., Sordello, F., Calza, P., Paganini M.C.(2018) Rare earth ions doped ZnO: Synthesis, characterization and preliminary photoactivity assessment, Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Volume 264, Pages 42-47,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssc.2018.05.001.
P63. Cabezuelo, O., Martinez-Haya, R., Montes, N., Bosca, F., Marin, M. L. (2021) Heterogeneous riboflavin-based photocatalyst for pollutant oxidation through electron transfer processes, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Volume 298, 120497, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2021.120497.
P64. Cerrato, E., Rebolini, E., Fabbri, D., Calza, P., Paganini, M.C. (2021) Ternary systems based on ZnO/CeO2/Cu2O for the degradation of phenol and carbamazepine, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 856, 158167, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.158167.
P65 I. L. Breda, L. Ramsay, D. A. Søborg, R. Dimitrova, P. Roslev (2019) Manganese removal processes at 10 groundwater fed full-scale drinking water treatment plants. Water Quality Research Journal; 54 (4): 326–337. doi: https://doi.org/10.2166/wqrj.2019.006
P66. Zin, Moh Moh, Chukwuka Bethel Anucha, and Szilvia Bánvölgyi. 2020. “Recovery of Phytochemicals via Electromagnetic Irradiation (Microwave-Assisted-Extraction): Betalain and Phenolic Compounds in Perspective” Foods 9, no. 7: 918. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9070918
P67. L.I. Moran Ayala, M. Paquet, K. Janowska, Paul Jamard, Cejna A. Quist-Jensen, Gabriela N. Bosio, D. O.Mártire, D. Fabbri, V. Boﬀa, “Water Defluoridation: Nanofiltration vs Membrane Distillation”. Industrial andEngineering Chemistry Research¸ 2018, 57, 43, 14740-14748. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.8b03620
P68. X.Z. Ma, K. Janowska, V. Boffa, D. Fabbri, G. Magnacca, P. Calza, Y. Yue, “Surfactant-assistedFabrication of Alumina-doped Amorphous Silica Nanofiltration Membranes with Enhanced Water PurificationPerformances”. Nanomaterials 2019, 9, 1368, https://doi.org/10.3390/nano9101368.
P69. K. Janowska, V. Boffa, M. Koustrup Jørgensen, C.A. Quist-Jensen, F. Hubac, F. Deganello, F. E. Bortot Coelho, G. Magnacca, “Thermocatalytic membrane distillation for clean water production”, Npj Clean Water 2020, 3, 34. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41545-020-00082-2.
P70. E. Eray, V. Boffa, M.K. Jørgensen, G. Magnacca, V.M. Candelario, “Enhanced Fabrication of SiliconCarbide Membranes for Wastewater Treatment: from Laboratory to Industrial Scale”. Journal of Membrane Science, 2020, 606, 118080.
P71. Bortot Coelho, F.; Gionco, C.; Paganini, M.; Calza, P.; Magnacca, G. Control of Membrane Fouling in Organics Filtration Using Ce-Doped Zirconia and Visible Light. Nanomaterials 2019, 9 (4), 534. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano9040534
P72. Fabrício Eduardo Bortot Coelho, Victor M. Candelario, Estêvão Magno Rodrigues Araújo, Tânia Lúcia Santos Miranda, Giuliana Magnacca, Photocatalytic Reduction of Cr(VI) in the Presence of Humic Acid Using Immobilized Ce–ZrO2 under Visible Light. Nanomaterials 2020, 10, 779. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano10040779
P73. Janowska, K.; Ma, X.; Boffa, V.; Jørgensen, M.K.; Candelario, V.M. Combined Nanofiltration and Thermocatalysis for the Simultaneous Degradation of Micropollutants, Fouling Mitigation and Water Purification. Membranes 2021, 11, 639. https://doi.org/10.3390/membranes11080639.
P74. Eray, E., Candelario, V. M., & Boffa, V. (2021). Ceramic Processing of Silicon Carbide Membranes with the Aid of Aluminum Nitrate Nonahydrate: Preparation, Characterization, and Performance. Membranes, 11(9), 714.https://doi.org/10.3390/membranes11090714
P75. Eray, E; Candelario, VM; Boffa, V; Safafar, H; Ostedgaard-Munck, DN; Zahrtmann, N; Kadrispahic, H; Jorgensen, MK, A roadmap for the development and applications of silicon carbide membranes for liquid filtration: Recent advancements, challenges, and perspectives. Chem. Engineer. J. 414 Article Number128826, DOI10.1016/j.cej.2021.128826 2021
P76. Bortot Coelho, F. E., Deemter, D., Candelario, V. M., Boffa, V., Malato, S., & Magnacca, G. (2021). Development of a photocatalytic zirconia-titania ultrafiltration membrane with anti-fouling and self-cleaning properties. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 9(6), 106671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2021.106671
P77. Bortot Coelho, F. E., Magnacca, G.; Candelario, V.M. (2021) Corrosion Resistant ZrO2/SiC Ultrafiltration Membranes for Wastewater Treatment and Operation in Harsh Environments. J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 41(15) 7792-7806. doi:10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2021.07.054.
P78. Deemter, D., Bortot Coelho, F. E., Oller, I., Malato, S., & Amat, A. M. (2022). Assessment of a Novel Photocatalytic TiO2-Zirconia Ultrafiltration Membrane and Combination with Solar Photo-Fenton Tertiary Treatment of Urban Wastewater. Catalysts, 12(5), 552. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal12050552
P79. Deemter, D., Salmerón, I., Oller, I., Amat, A. M., & Malato, S. (2022). Valorization of UWWTP effluents for ammonium recovery and MC elimination by advanced AOPs. Science of The Total Environment, 823, 153693. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153693
P80. Deemter, D., Oller, I., Amat, A. M., & Malato, S. (2022). Advances in membrane separation of urban wastewater effluents for (pre) concentration of microcontaminants and nutrient recovery: a mini review. Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 100298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100298
P81. M. K. Jørgensen, D. Deemter, L. W. Städe, L. G. Sørensen, L. Nørgaard Madsen, I- Oller, S. Malato, T. Terndrup Nielsen, V. Boffa (2022) High performance ultra- and nanofiltration removal of micropollutants by cyclodextrin complexation, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 188, 694-703, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2022.10.026.
P82. Deemter, D., Oller, I., Amat, A. M., Malato, S. (2021) Effect of salinity on preconcentration of contaminants of emerging concern by nanofiltration: Application of solar photo-Fenton as a tertiary treatment, Science of The Total Environment, Volume 756, 143593, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143593.
P83. Bortot Coelho, F. E., Nurisso, F., Boffa, V., Ma, X., Rasse-Suriani, F. A.O., Roslev, P., Magnacca, G., Candelario, V., Deganello, F., La Parola, V. (2022)A thermocatalytic perovskite-graphene oxide nanofiltration membrane for water depollution, Journal of Water Process Engineering, Volume 49, 102941. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2022.102941.
P83. Tummino, M.L.; Nisticò, R.; Franzoso, F.; Bianco Prevot, A.; Calza, P.; Laurenti, E.; Paganini, M.C.; Scalarone, D.; Magnacca, G. The “Lab4treat” Outreach Experience: Preparation of Sustainable Magnetic Nanomaterials for Remediation of Model Wastewater. Molecules 2021, 26, 3361. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26113361
- M. H. Belay, F. Gosetti, E. Robotti, “Evaluation of contaminants of emerging concern (CECs) and their transformation products in water for human consumption: HR-MS and ultra-trace analysis”, the 2nd AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, 30-31 August 2018, Aalborg (Denmark).
- M. H. Belay, F. Gosetti, E. Robotti, “Photodegradation study of contaminants of emerging concern”, the 3rdAQUAlity Symposium Meeting, 7-8 March 2019, Palaiseau (France).
- D. Fabbri, M. H. Belay, “Prioritization and evaluation of contaminants of emerging concern in water”, NIS Colloquium, 16-17 May 2019, Turin (Italy).
- M. H. Belay, F. Gosetti, E. Robotti, “Photodegradation study of irinotecan and identification of transformation products in water samples by UHPLC-MS/MS”, the 3rd Summer School of the European PhD School on Advanced Oxidation Processes, 3-4 June 2019, Alcoy (Spain).
- M. H. Belay, F. Gosetti, E. Robotti, “Photodegradation study of Aliskiren and Maprotiline: Identification of transformations products by LC-MS/MS” the 4th AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, 2-3 September 2019, Trabzon (Turkey).
- M. H. Belay, F. Gosetti, E. Marengo, E. Robotti, “Development and Validation of a UHPLC-MS/MS Method for the Identification of Irinotecan Photodegradation Products in Water Samples”, the XXVIII Congress of the Analytical Chemistry Division, 22-26 September 2019, Bari (Italy).
- Nuno P.F Gonçalves, M. Minella, D. Fabbri, P. Calza, A. Bianco Prevot, “Humic Acid Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles as Highly Efficient Heterogeneous Photo-Fenton Materials for Wastewater Treatments”, 19th European Meeting on Environmental Chemistry, 3-6 December 2018, Royat, France.
- A. Bianco Prevot, N.P.F. Gonçalves, P. Calza, M. Minella, D. Fabbri, G. Magnacca, M. Brigante, G. Mailhot, “Deep insights into synthesis and performance of hybrid iron-based/humic acid nanoparticles for the degradation of organic pollutants”, 2019 Workshop on Applications of Multi-scale Approaches in Environmental chemistry (AMARE 2019), 22-28 April 2019, Rennes, France.
- Nuno P.F Gonçalves, M. Minella “Advanced oxidation processes: new materials and applications”, NIS Colloquium, 16-17 May 2019, University of Turin, Italy.
- Nuno P.F. Goncalves, Marco Minella, Debora Fabbri, Paola Calza, Gilles Mailhot, Marcello Brigante, Alessandra Bianco-Prevot, Photo-activation of persulfate and hydrogen peroxide by humic acid coated magnetic nanoparticles for bisphenol A degradation, 6th European Conference on Environmental Applications of Advanced Oxidation Processes, 26- 30 June, 2019, Portoroz, Slovenia.
- C. Jiménez-Holgado, C. Chrimatopoulos, M. Kalaboka, V. Sakkas, Fabric phase sorptive extraction for the determination of antidepressant drugs in environmental samples prior to HPLC-DAD, 11th International Conference on Instrumental Methods of Analysis (IMA 2019), 22-25 September 2019, Ioannina, Greece – Abstract Book. Page 147.
- C. Jiménez Holgado, N. Vourdas, V. Stathopoulos and V. Sakkas, “Optimization of fabric phase sorptiveextraction for the determination of selected pharmaceuticals in environmental waters”, 16th InternationalConference on Environmental Science and Technology, Rhodes, Greece, 4-7 September of 2019, Flash Oral communication.
- Z. Varga, A New Software for the Statistical Treatment of High Resolution Mass Spectra, Scientific days when PhD and post-doctoral students present their work, 21 June & 12 July 2018, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau,France.
- E. Nicol, Z. Varga, Y. Xu, R. Grosshaus, S. Bouchonnet, M. Lavielle, “A New Software for the StatisticalTreatment of High Resolution Mass Spectra”, Symposium of the Federation of Chemistry and Physics of Paris-Saclay, 5 July 2018, Ecole Polytechnique Palaiseau, France.
- Z. Varga, Presentation of the software for industry, 14 November 2018, Ecole Polytechnique Palaiseau, France.
- Z. Varga, Internal presentation for LCM laboratory, 29 November 2018, Ecole Polytechnique Palaiseau, France.
- Z. Varga, E. Nicol, Y. Xu, S. Bouchonnet, M. Lavielle, “A new software for the statistical treatment of highresolution mass spectra – Application to water contaminants”, 19th European Meeting on EnvironmentalChemistry (EMEC 19), 3-6 December 2018, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Z. Varga, E. Nicol, Y. Xu, S. Bouchonnet, M. Lavielle, “SPIX, a newly developed free software toovercome operator subjectivity in mass spectrometry and characterize unknown chemical reactions inenvironmental samples”, International Conference on Chemistry and The Environment” 16-20 June 2019,Thessaloniki, Greece
- Z. Varga, Concepts of uncertainities and subjectivity in analytical chemistry and Principal componentanalysis (PCA) in environmental mass spectrometry, International Winter School on Mass Spectrometry, 4-5March 2019, Palaiseau, France
- Z. Varga, E. Nicol, Y. Xu, S. Bouchonnet, M. Lavielle, “SPIX, a newly developed free software toovercome operator subjectivity in MS and characterize unknown chemical reactions in complex samples”,International conference on Applications of Multi-scale Approaches in Chemistry (AMARE), 23-25 April2019, Rennes, France.
- D. Papagiannaki, “Trace level analysis of CECs in drinking water using Mass Spectrometry’’, InternationalWinter School on Mass Spectrometry, 4-5 March 2019, Palaiseau, France.
- D. Papagiannaki, “Evaluation of CECs in drinking water including toxicological assessment of their degradation by-products”, Horizon 2020 MSCA-ITN cluster event “Clean Water, 22 October 2019, Girona, Spain.
- A.Pavanello, M.A.Miranda, M.L.Marin, Degradation of Benzotriazole UV-Stabilizers in the Presence of Organic Photocatalysts and Visible Light. A Mechanistic Study, III Summer School of the European PhD School on Advanced Oxidation Processes, 3-7 June 2019, Alcoy, Spain.
- C. B. Anucha, Photocatalytic Degradation of Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CECs) by TiO2/ZnO dye sensitized photocatalyst, Mid Term Check & 3rd AQUAlity Meeting, 7-8 March 2019, Ecole Polytechique, Palaiseau, France.
- C. B. Anucha, İ. Altin, D. Fabbri, İ. Degirmencioglu, P. Calza, E. Bacaksiz, V. N. Sthatopoulus, Synthesis, Characterization and Photocatalytic Activity of Doped and New Pthalocyanine Sensitized Materials, 15th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference (NanoTR-15) 3-6 November 2019, Antalya, Turkey – Book of Abstract. Page 75.
- C.B. Anucha, P. K. Pandis, V. N. Stathopoulos, I. Georgiopoulos, Z. Tatoudi, C. Argirusis, I. Altin, E. Bacaksiz, Development of Photocatalytic TiO2 Washcoats Over Porous α-Al2O3 Substrates, International Conference on Chemical Energy and Semiconductor Photochemistry (CESCOP 2019), 4-6 September 2019, Trabzon, Turkey – Book of Abstracts. Page 35.
- C.B. Anucha, V.N. Stathopoulos, I. Altin, E. Bacaksiz, Ceramic Paste Preparation and Suspension Washcoat Formulation for Disc Shaped α-Al2O3 Substrate, 4th International Porous and Powder Materials (PPM) Symposium & Exhibition 9-11 October 2019, Marmaris, Turkey – Abstract Book. Page 46.
- C.B. Anucha, I. Altin, D. Fabbri, I. Degirmencioglu, P. Calza , V.N. Stathopoulos, E. Bacaksiz, Synthesis, Characterization and Photocatalytic Activity of Doped and New Pthalocyanine Sensitized Materials, 21st International Conference on Industrial Water Management and Treatment (ICIWMT), 16- 17 December 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
- I. Sciscenko, J. Climent, I. Pastor, F. Valero, A. Arques. Eliminación de contaminantes emergentes mediante micropartículas magnéticas. Proyecto Magnox. 1º Simposio NOVEDAR. Presencia y Eliminación de Microcontaminantes en Agua. 13-14/06/2019-Book of abstracts. Pages 85-86.
- I. Sciscenko, S. Garcia, C. Sabater, M. Ángeles Castillo, I. Oller, A. Arques, Changes induced in aqueous solutions of enrofloxacin by photolysis and (photo)-Fenton at different media: EEM-PARAFAC analysis and bioassays, 6th European Conference on Environmental Applications of Advanced Oxidation Processes (EAAOP-6), 26-30 June 2019, Portoroz, Slovenia. -Book of abstracts. Pages 288-289.
- I. Sciscenko, S. Garcia-Ballesteros, I. Oller, C. Escudero, A. Arques, EEM-PARAFAC as a Novel Technique to Study Fluoroquinolones Degradation by Photolysis and (Photo)-Fenton, International Conference on Chemical Energy and Semiconductor Photochemistry (CESCOP 2019), 4-6 September 2019, Trabzon, Turkey – Book of Abstracts. Page 39.
- I. Sciscenko, S. Garcia, C. Sabater, M. Ángeles Castillo, I. Oller, A. Arques “Fluoroquinolones degradationby photolysis and (photo)-Fenton, the effect of water matrices and pH: studying by-product formationemploying PARAFAC”, 25th International Conference on Advanced Oxidation Technologies for Treatment ofWater, Air and Soil (AOTs25), 14-17 October 2019, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
- A. Arques, A. M. Amat, L. Santos-Juanes, R. Vicente, R. Vercher, M. Mora, S. Garcia-Ballesteros, P. Garcia-Negueroles, I. Sciscenko, Novel Strategies in Iron Based Processes for Wastewater Treatment: Mild Photo-Fenton and ZVI-photo-Fenton Combination, 25th International Conference on Advanced OxidationTechnologies for Treatment of Water, Air and Soil (AOTs25), 14-17 October 2019, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- I. Sciscenko, “Photolysis vs. (photo)-Fenton: a comparison for the fluoroquinolones degradation and its by-product study employing EEM-PARAFAC”, 22 October 2019, Horizon 2020 MSCA-ITN cluster event”Clean Water”, Girona, Spain.
- D. Palma, Role of coloured natural organic matter in the photochemical fate and removal of contaminants of emerging concern, Summer School: Photochemistry and Depollution, 25-27 April 2018, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- D. Palma, M. Sleiman, A. Beauger, O. Voldoire, C. Richard, Role of coloured natural organic matter in the removal of contaminants of emerging concern, PhD students day at UCA, 12 July 2018, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- D. Palma, Role of coloured natural organic matter in the photochemical fate and removal of contaminants of emerging concern, Summer School: Micropollutant Analysis and Abatement, 27-29 August 2018, Aalborg, Denmark.
- D. Palma, O. Voldoire, A. Beauger, M. Sleiman, C. Richard, Photodegrading properties of natural waterssampled in a stagnant branch of river Allier, Journée IHSS France (International Humic Substances Society),14 September, 2018, Marseille, France.
- D. Palma, M. Sleiman, de Sainte-Claire, C. Richard, Evidence of nitration and nitrosation of aromaticcompounds upon irradiation of imidacloprid in water, EMEC 19, 3-6 December 2018, Royat, France.
- D. Palma, M. Sleiman, Y. Arbid, C. Richard, Generation of NOx upon irradiation of imidacloprid and nitro/nitrosation of surrounding chemicals. Workshop on Applications of Multi-scale Approaches in Environmental chemistry (AMARE 2019), 23-25 April 2019 Rennes, France.
- D. Palma, Streamer discharge in water as a tool for organic pollutants’ removal, 4th AQUAlity meeting, 2 September 2019, Trabzon, Turkey.
- I. Berruti, M.I. Polo López, I. Oller, M. Manfredi, Solar Heterogeneous Photocatalysis for the SimultaneousRemoval of Organic Micropollutants and Microorganisms of Concern, III Summer School of the EuropeanPhD School on Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs), 3-7 June 2019. Alcoy, Valencia, Spain.
- I. Berruti, M, I. Polo-López, I. Oller Alberola, M. Manfredi, Assessment of Sulfate Radical-Based AdvancedOxidation Processes for Removal of Bacteria and CECs from Water, 6th European Conference onEnvironmental Applications of Advanced Oxidation Processes (EAAOP-6), 26-30 June, 2019, Portoroz,Slovenia – Book of Abstracts. Page 96.
- I. Berruti, N. P.F. Gonçalves, M. I. Polo López, I. Oller, P. Calza, M. C. Paganini, M. Manfredi, Doped ZincOxides for the Simultaneous Removal of Microorganisms and Contaminants of Emerging Concern fromWater, International Conference on Chemical Energy and Semiconductor Photochemistry (CESCOP), 4-6September 2019, Trabzon, Turkey – Book of Abstracts. Page 38.
- I. Berruti, Assessment of solar advanced oxidation processes for removal of bacteria and CECs from water, 2nd AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, Aalborg University (AAU), Aalborg, 30th-31th August 2018.
- I. Berruti, Sulfate radical based advanced oxidation processes (SR-AOPs) for disinfection and decontamination of water, 3rd AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, Ecole Polytechnique-Palaiseau (EPP), France, 4th-7th March 2019.
- I. Berruti, Assessment of AOPs for the inactivation of pathogens and degradation of CECs and their TPs, 4th AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, Karadeniz Teknik Universitesi (KTU), Turkey; 2019.
- E. Eray, V. Boffa, G. Magnacca, V.M. Candelario, “New generation silicon carbide membranes for waterpurification”, 13th Conference for Young Scientists in Ceramic, 16-19 October 2019, Novi Sad, Serbia – Book of Abstracts. Page 44.
- F.E. Bortot Coelho, Use of membranes for water purification: some case studies, NIS Colloquium, 17 May2019, Turin, Italy.
- F.E. Bortot Coelho, G. Magnacca, Photocatalytic Reduction of Cr(VI) in the Presence of Humic Acid using Ce-ZrO2 under visible light, International Conference on Chemical Energy and Semiconductor Photochemistry(CESCOP 2019), 4-6 September 2019, Trabzon, Turkey – Book of Abstracts (page 46).
- Belay M., “Robustness Study on the Photocatalytic Degradation of Anticancer Drugs Using Experimental Design”, The 6th AQUAlity Symposium Meeting, 22 September 2020
- Gonçalves, N., “Water treatment technologies” Aallborg University, 12 November 2022
- Holgado, C. J., “Study of WEOM from Sediment of Lake Pamvotis Under Simulated Solar Light of CECs” SETAC Europe 31st annual meeting, 3-6 May 2021
- Holgado, C. J., “Effect of water extractable organic matter from Pamvotis lake sediment on three psychoactive drugs under simulated solar light” 17th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Athens, Greece, 1-4 September, 2021
- D. Papagiannaki, D. Palma, A. Cedrino, G. Molinari, M. Lai, M. Minella, R. Binetti “Removal Of Contaminants Of Emerging Concern From Water Using High Voltage Pulsed Electric Field Discharge” SPEA 2020, Turin, Italy
- Pavanello, A., “Photocatalytic degradation of drugs in water mediated by acetylated riboflavin and visible: a mechanistic study” Winter Meeting 2020, Valencia, 17th December 2020
- Anucha, B.C., “Synthesis, Characterization and Photocatalytic Activity of Manganese Phthalocyanine Sensitized ZnWO₄ (ZnWO₄MnPc) Towards Bisphenol A Under UV-A Irradiation” Advanced Technologies for The Processing and Characterization of Nanostructured Materials, Kroakow, Poland, 5-7 July 2021
- Sciscenko, I. “EEM-PARAFAC to evaluate oxidation of fluorescent contaminants of emerging concern” SPEA11, Turin, Italy, June 2022
- Palma, D. “UV-degradation of Suwannee River NOM : Effect on the OH photo-production”, French-Swiss Photochemistry Symposium, January 2022
- Palma, D. “Re-thinking the role of natural organic matter in water treatment processes” Franco-Italian Chemistry Days, April 2022, Toulon, France
- Eray, E., Boffa, U., Jørgensen, M., Candelario, V. “Enhanced Fabrication of Silicon Carbide Membranes for Water Treatment” 17th Network Young Membrains Meeting, in association with ICOM 2020, December 2020
Davide Palma received the prize for the best oral presentation among young researchers at EMEC 19 – European Meeting on Environmental Chemistry (3-6 December 2018, Clermont-Ferrand, France)
Katarzyna Janowska won the first prize poster award at the 2nd Nordic Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology (10-11 December 2018, Roskilde, Denmark)
Esra Eray won the third prize poster award at the 2nd Nordic Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology (10-11 December 2018, Roskilde, Denmark) and the best poster presentation award at the 6th MEMTEK International Symposium on Membrane Technologies and Applications (Istanbul, Turkey, 18-20 November 2019)
Position paper available on the NORMAN website