Consolidation of pre-existing collaborations between the beneficiaries of the network (research or industrial), in funded projects:
- PHOTOMAT “Tunable materials: preparation, characterization and investigation of photocatalytic activity of new hibrid materials” – Project ID: 318899 – a FP7-PEOPLE project funded by the European Commission (2012-2015)
- ENVIRONBOS “Isolation, Characterization and screening of environmental applications of Bio-Organic substances obtained from urban biomasses”- Project ID: 269128 – a FP7-PEOPLE project funded by the European Commission (2011-2014)
- MAT4TREAT “Enhancing water quality by developing novel materials for organic pollutant removal in tertiary water treatments” – Project ID: 645551 – a H2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange project (2015-2018)
Creation of significant new links with other projects (EU-funded and not) in fields related to AQUAlity:
- Proyecto MAGNOX – Project Identifier: IDI-20131105; duration: 28 months – now concluded; funded by Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial (CDTI) and co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- ANSWER “ANtibioticS and mobile resistance elements in WastEwater Reuse applications: risks and innovative solutions” – Project ID: 675530 – a Marie Sklodowska-Curie European Training Networks project funded by the European Commission (Project Duration: 2015-2019).
- NanoCommons “The European Nanotechnology Community Informatics Platform: Bridging data and disciplinary gaps for industry and regulators” – Project ID: 731032 – a Research and Innovation action funded within Horizon 2020 “Research Infrastructures” – Call for proposal: H2020-INFRAIA-2017-1-two-stage (Project Duration: 2018-2021).
- REWATERGY “Sustainable Reactor Engineering for Applications on the Water-Energy Nexus” – Project ID: 812574 – a Marie Sklodowska-Curie European Training Networks project funded by the European Commission (Project Duration: 2019-2022).
- SFERA III “Solar Facilities for the European Research Area – Third Phase” – Project ID: 823802 – a Research and Innovation action funded within Horizon 2020 “Research Infrastructures” Call for proposal H2020-INFRAIA-2018-1 (Project Duration: 2019-2022).
- Project Ô “Demonstration of planning and technology tools for a circular, integrated and symbiotic use of water” – Project ID: 776816 – an Innovation action funded by Horizon 2020 (Project Duration: 2018-2022).
- PARACAT “Paramagnetic Species in Catalysis Research. A Unified Approach Towards Heterogeneous, Homogeneous and Enzyme Catalysis”, – Project ID: 813209 – a Marie Sklodowska-Curie European Training Networks project funded by the European Commission (Project Duration: 2019-2022).
- proGIreg “Productive Green Infrastructure for post-industrial urban regeneration”, Project ID: 776528 – an Innovation action funded by Horizon 2020 (Project Duration: 2018-2023).
- ReHorti “Strategies to reuse urban areas for horticulture” – funded by Compagnia di San Paolo.
Involvement in the activities of European Joint Initiatives:
- MOTREM “Integrated Processes for MOnitoring and TReatment of EMerging Contaminants for Water Reuse” an EU – Water JPI (Joint Programming Initiative) Project (2015)
Membership in international committees/boards of important symposia, which facilitate dissemination of AQUAlity results:
- European PhD School on Advanced Oxidation Processes – AOPs:
Selection of AQUAlity by the European Commission (on 28/03/2019) to participate in Horizon 2020 MSCA-ITN cluster event on “Clean Water” (22 October 2019, Girona, Spain): Link to the event web page